Pagerank

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Singapore on a Budget - April 2011 trip



This summer is something my family and I would definitely have to remember. It is the summer before my "unica hija" enters college. It could probably be the start of our "infrequent" (hopefully not!) family vacations what with the belt tightening to pay for her university fees and it could be because Ikee will not have much time to spend with us.

The choice for this year's vacation was made because she had been gifted with a round trip ticket to the Lion City - Singapore. I would have opted to go elsewhere but we had to be with her during the trip. Spending our summer separately was not my idea of a vacation - yet. Thus, we were on a "Singapore on a budget" trip. However, Singapore was not one would consider going to on a budget. Well, here's our attempt at it.





The day we got there we were treated to a Zhi Char resto called Forture Seafood Steamboat. Yes, you read it right. Our destination was Forture and not Fortune. For a while I too thought it was a typo. Larry, our host for dinner, offered us choices - food or ambiance. I naturally chose food over ambiance. It was late and it was a good chance to get some real Singaporean dishes. At 9:30 pm, we were hungry. But the wait was well worth it. So far, for me, this restaurant is the best in Hongkong in terms of its food and price. A few days after, I tried calling them and found that the prices were so low that the whole meal would have cost us twice or even thrice that of the other restos in the City. It definitely a place for the budget conscious. Here are some pictures of what we had:

First we had broccoli in garlic sauce.



The Hongkong style noodles.




Next, was the curry fish head.


Larry ordered the cereal prawn but I wasn't able to take a picture of it.

Last, but the best one of all, was the Salted eggyolk crab,



If you want to check the place out, it's at the corner of Bukit Timah and Old Holland Road. Just don't look for a classy resto as you won't find it there.



Jane

No comments:

My Amazon Store